Coach Spotlight: Teea Nelson
1) How did you get into CrossFit?
After years of going to the gym doing the typical Monday- chest day, Tuesday-leg day, so on and so forth, it became a routine that I did not look forward to. Not that I wasn’t seeing results, but it wasn’t fun for me anymore. So, one day I looked at my husband and said, lets go sign up for CrossFit and see what it’s all about. And here we are.
2) What keeps you motivated to work out(CrossFit)?
As of right now, my members. It is really hard to find time to workout when I work a full-time job, try to help run the CrossFit, take care of things at home, and be pregnant (which surprisingly is a lot of work). I think staying motivated for them to set an example at this time in my life has been key.
3) What positive benefits have you noticed either mentally or physically since starting CrossFit?
CrossFit has made me physically and mentally stronger/healthier. During our WODs, any one person gives out mentally before they physically give out. Your body is capable of just about anything, once a person realizes that you mentally become stronger because you have confidence in yourself. What I am trying to get at here is that you grow as a person and truly get the chance to see what you are capable of.
4) What is your favorite CrossFit Workout?
MURPH! HAHA, justttttt kiddinggggggg. If we are being honest here, I don’t really have a favorite workout. They all are great in my opinion. I tend to lean towards and strength workout we do or metcons that have weight lifting in them, which includes a lot of workouts we do.
5) Who is your favorite CrossFit Games Athlete?
Well, I have a slight girl crush on Brooke Wells. That being said she is my favorite.
6) What is your favorite Movement in CrossFit?
HMMM, if we have the option to choose anything from weight lifting to gymnastics to metabolic conditioning, I would have to choose the snatch which is an Olympic lift. It is to me the most challenging lift and I enjoy a little difficulty.
– Any favorite line from a movie?
Sometimes I think I can do crystal meth, but then I think, mmm, bettta not. -Pitch Perfect
– Any random facts you could share with us?
I love me some pickles.
– Best vacation you’ve been to?
Saipan with my husband. Proposed to me there! Isn’t he romantic?
– Describe what you were like at age 10.
A weirdo, with terrible looking eyebrows. But who wasn’t funky at 10 years old?
– If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
FAT AMY! Because she is awesome and we should all strive to be as confident as her! Yes, I know she is a movie character.
– If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
– If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
– If you were an animal what would you be?
Can mermaid be a choice?
– If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
Margarita mix, chips, salsa.
– People would be surprised if they knew:
That I am a cancer survivor.
– Three words to best describe you:
Funny (I think I am), possibly thoughtful (I think this as well), Independent (my husband hates it when I use that word)
– What did you want to be when growing up?
A cash register lady at the grocery store……. Big aspirations.
– What is an ability you wish you had?
– What is on your bucket list?
HA! What isn’t on my bucket list should be the question.