Coach Spotlight: Jamie Janzen
1) How did you get into CrossFit? Somehow I stumbled on that CrossFit invitational competition video from 2012. I remember watching, having no idea of what they were doing, but I was fascinated. I wanted to do what they were doing. It looked like so much more fun and engaging than the little bit of running workouts I had been doing. I was only a little familiar with CrossFit at the time, but I did more research and found an affiliate close by. I started soon after and the rest is history!
2) What keeps you motivated to work out(CrossFit)? CrossFit is intense and physically taxing. But nothing beats that feeling of crushing a WOD or getting a new PR or mastering a new skill. That feeling keeps me coming back and continually pushing myself.
3) What positive benefits have you noticed either mentally or physically since starting CrossFit? Pushing myself to my limits is incredibly difficult for me. However, CrossFit has helped make me comfortable with being uncomfortable so that I can surpass my goals and set new ones. This has helped me succeed both inside and outside the gym.
4) What is your favorite CrossFit Workout? Nasty GIrls
5) Who is your favorite CrossFit Games Athlete? Brooke Ence
6) What is your favorite Movement in CrossFit? Clean & Jerk
7) Do you have a favorite quote? “Be brave. Take Risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” –Paulo Coelho
8) How do you define success? Success, for me, is being happy with the effort you put forth every day to achieve your goals.
9) If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? PIZZA-any kind, all day every day!
10) People would be surprised if they knew: How much of a nerd I am at heart.
11) What is an ability you wish you had? The ability to fly!